Garneau School is a welcoming school community that is home to two programs, the Garneau Regular (Community) Program, and the Sciences Program. Both programs deliver the mandated Alberta Programs of Study through rich educational experiences for all children. The Sciences program, continues the great legacy of the Child Study Centre by embracing the educational pedagogy of the Project Approach, a variation of the project-based learning. Students from both programs come from a variety of backgrounds and communities, as they join to form the learning community at Garneau School. Our parents value the family atmosphere, quality education, cultural diversity, and collaborative approaches to learning.
Our learning community is diverse, and the uniqueness of each member is celebrated. Students, parents, and staff work together to create a warm and welcoming learning environment.
2023-2024 Registration and Pre-enrolment
New to Edmonton Public (including Kindergarten Registration):
- Click on "Register a New Student" on left side of screen
Current Edmonton Public Students Need to Pre-enrol in SchoolZone
Sign in to your parent SchoolZone account between March 6 and April 14 to select your child’s preferred school for next year.
Whether your child is staying at the same school and program or changing schools or programs, all students need to pre-enrol.
If you need help, contact the school or read the pre-enrolment handout.
February 1, 2023 Registration opens for Kindergarten and any students NEW to Edmonton Public Schools
February 23, 2023 Sciences Program Open House 6:30pm - 7:30pm (To view slides of presentation: Garneau Sciences Program Information )
March 6, 2023 Pre-enrolment opens on SchoolZone for all current Edmonton Public Schools students
April 14, 2023 Pre-enrolment closes.
April 24, 2023 Families notified on status of pre-enrolment.
Important information for registration in Garneau's Regular and Sciences programs:
Garneau School is currently at Level 1 in our Division’s Growth Control Model. Our regular program attendance area includes a number of nearby neighbourhoods and varies for students in K-3 and 4-6. For more information, please use the Find A School tool or view the Attendance Area Map on our Division School Listing.
We are able to accept registrations for Regular program as follows:
- resident* students from the designated attendance area are guaranteed access during pre-enrolment
- siblings of current students who are returning to the school the following year are guaranteed access during pre-enrolment
- the school can accept resident students from outside the attendance area if there’s space
- the school may go to random selection if the number of applicants exceeds available space
- non-resident students may select a school during pre-enrolment and can be accepted if there is space remaining after all resident students are enrolled
Acceptance into our alternative Sciences program depends on spaces available. Registrations are considered in the following sequence, using random selection as needed, until classes are full:
- resident* students who live in the attendance area, and who are currently in the alternative program in a Division school.
- resident students who live in the attendance area.
- resident students who live in the program enrolment boundary, where applicable.
- siblings of students currently in the alternative program at the school and who will be returning the following year.
- other resident students.
- non-resident students currently enrolled in the same alternative program elsewhere in the Division
- other non-resident students.
*A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian living in Edmonton who is not Roman Catholic.